Wednesday, January 27, 2010

adam said to

The other day Adam and I were sitting and watching TV and he said that I needed to update the blog. I know, I know, but nothing exciting has been going on, so I didn't really have anything to post. Adam and I both are working and Blake is still cute, *shrugs*.

Anyways, the other day we were over to a friends house for dinner and meeting up with our home teachers. We were saying a prayer and Blake really wanted to get down (I was holding him), so he started mumbling a little and then said "Amen". I peeked at him and he was holding his hands with his head down. It was so cute. I'm glad that we are starting to see proof that we are teaching him. I am trying to help him say the prayer right, but he only gets a couple words in before he starts saying "no".

Saying no is his new thing. I heard him the other day "practicing", it was kinda funny because he was really emphasizing the ending. He also started this whining/crying thing and laying on the floor. It's so much fun to teach him the right way to communicate. (Can you tell I'm being sarcastic? 'cause I totally am.)

If any you have seen "CARS" and seen that part where Mack is making faces at his reflection? Well Blake and I like to do that in the mirror. Blake thinks it's hysterical and I get a kick out of his enjoyment.

As for me, I have started a new position in the ER and I just finished orientation. Adam is doing okay at work and is looking forward to a few upcoming trips this spring and summer. Including one to Hawaii on our anniversary. I won't be going. He really wants me to go and I want to go, but this time it's not going to work out. He should be going again in the fall, so maybe then I'll get to go.
Here are the latest pictures:
Adam with Vegas in his jacket.

4 comments:

Lana said...

you should go! hawaii!!!

Camilla said...

I was glad to read the update. Your little man is so cute. I wouldn't dare state that about your other man.=)
Last week we've all had colds. When Eve was having a hard time sleeping because of a cough, my dad came over and gave her a blessing. It reminded me of when I had Bronchitis and Adam was my hometeacher. Let him know I still appreciate the blessing he and Jesse Conger gave me when Roland was in Utah.
Have a great day and enjoy your family.

Shelly said...

I agree about the Hawaii thing. You just gotta MAKE those things work out. Oh, and I'm bummed, my mom isn't coming to visit anymore, so no trip to NY. humph.

Amanda said...

The prayer story made me giggle. :)