Thursday, September 1, 2011

it's just not my thing

I'm talking about breastfeeding. The only reason I do it is because it is best for the baby. But I don't like it, and here's why:
-My nipples invert, so I have to use a nipple shield. It's a little awkward and hard to see in the middle of the night. The only good thing is that I think it makes it easier to switch to bottles.
-It's just awkward. I can't get the hang of using the cover up thingies, add on the nipple shield... so I don't like to breastfeed in public.
- It takes FOREVER to feed the baby! A bottle is just so much faster.
- My boobs and/or milk must be a sleeping pill. My babies fall asleep and don't get enough to eat and then keep screaming to be fed.

More power to all the women who like it and enjoy it!

To clarify: I am pumping during the day and breast feeding at night, which helps. My goal is to last 5-6 weeks, and then I won't feel bad when I stop. So far I've made it 3 weeks, so only 3 more!

3 comments:

The Ainas said...

haha :) Well, I think it is a love or hate thing. I'm a crazy woman who loves it! :) I was never good at covering up, so I gave up on that or just went to another room if there were guys around. I say power to you for doing it even though you don't like it!

Rebecca said...

I'm impressed you do it anyway! I don't love it, but I didn't hate it either. And I am so glad to be done with it!

Kath said...

I don't know any BF-ing moms who enjoy it in the early months. After about month 4 I start to be SUPER DUPER glad I don't have to lug bottles around. Up till month 4 it's tricky and annoying.