Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Patuxent River, Maryland

Adam has been going crazy here, trying to get out of the black hole that is Cherry Point, NC. He tried getting orders to Beaufort, SC and Yuma, AZ and was not able to. I had the feeling that we would be stuck here for a while.
Monday the monitor (the person who decides your fate in the Marine Corps) was in town, of course Adam went to see her. She gave him 2 options: 1) Cherry Point 2) Pax River. Can you guess which one he choose? Of course he called me and we talked about it all night before we decided. Don't ask me what he's going to be doing there... I just asked him, he says "I'll be working at PMA 261 with the CH53 Kilo upgrade in logistics as a configuration manager". I still don't know what that means. Adam says it means he'll be riding the desk.
I'm excited that we get to go somewhere that has changing seasons!!!
Now all I need is to find a job there, sell the house here, buy a house there and find someone as awesome as Regina there. The last one's going to be impossible.
Here are some pictures of Pax River and the CH-53:

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

When do you go? That's an hour from us... not counting traffic!

Des said...

Sure now you guys move to Maryland...AFTER we leave!!:)

Moving is always exciting. Well, trying to find childcare would be nerve racking for me.

When is the big move? Hope everything goes smoothly.

Carley said...

That's great, you guys will both be much closer to your families. Too bad you couldn't get out to the west coast.

Catherine said...

Maryland! I thought you might be closer... except you're out in the boonies! I guess it's about the same. *sigh* Oh well! When do you move?