I was reading one of my friends blog. He was blogging about being at a gamestop store and saw a young kid (10) with an adult buying him grand theft auto/ manhunt and how inappropriate that is.
I have to say that I agree with him. I can't understand how parents can think it's okay to let their kids play violent games.
I don't think kids need cell phones either. I can understand it if they are driving and they borrow one to use if they get into trouble... but they don't need it in school! I saw online that teens were sending something like 40,000 texts a month, which is like one a minute... I'll get back to this...
The portable games... I saw one kid walking through walmart playing a game. He didn't hit anything... but it made me think of all things that he would miss because he wasn't looking up from the game. Same things with the whole texting thing. If you are constantly texting, think of how much you could miss out on.
How do they have time to learn how to do their laundry, clean a house, cook themselves food? I think parent's do their children a great injustice if they do everything for them and don't teach them these things in life.
Anyways, I'm off my soapbox for now...
7 comments:
you say it sister!
I'm with you. Dan and I refuse to buy a cell phone, and even though we can't put it off forever, we won't be getting any for our kids! We also have no games. Dan'd PS2 broke this summer, and we haven't replaced it.... we probably won't ever. There are enough better things to be doing.
My brother got my nieace a cell phone for Christmas and the family got a WII and the fit for Christmas. The only reason I bring this up is because my nieace would rather play at grandma's and with friends more then talk on the phone. She does use the phone only to talk to her mom and dad. The we is used as a family activities. These gadgets can be useful and fun but to tell you the truth parents needs to control the time on these products. As for the game auto-theft, that game should have never hit the market.
Hahahahahahahahah!!! None of you have teens yet!!!!!
Funny, I remember being a teenager... Oh wait, I didn't have a cell phone OR video games!
I agree with you 100%, Heather! Did you read about the 6-year old who missed the bus and tried to drive himself to school? He said he learned to drive from playing Grand Theft Auto! He crashed his Mom's car and she got thrown in jail for child endangerment!
I am in your corner, Heather.
Why do parents let them watch certain movies, play games, etc...???
Yes, kids will try to be sneaky and do what they want, but that doesn't mean they will ever think that it was okay according to me!
No, I don't have teens yet, but I am still in the preparing stage and doing my best with early development and early independance!
Yikes!
Post a Comment