Monday, March 30, 2009

good news... no, GREAT news!

We sold our house today! We put it on the market 1.16.2009, so it's only been on the market for a little over 2 months. We are so blessed. I have to say that I did feel at peace with the whole move and selling the house. I knew it would work out because it's what we should be doing. What I didn't count on was how many bumps there were in the road getting it done.
The day we decided to drive to Maryland, the base was closed with 12 inches of snow. Adam spent most of the following 2.5 weeks at Cherry Point for the LONGEST checkout ever! He had to re-enlist, do the CFT, get dental work done, as well as making multiple trips to Maryland to bring more stuff here.
We still have boxes hanging around and I can't find my Twilight books! I want to read them even more now that I can't find them.
We have plenty of room and love to have visitors. There are lots of cool things to do around here, not like NC.

5 comments:

Kath said...

OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very happy for you both!! And I swear I didn't TOUCH your twilight books. I don't have them anywhere. Not even in my office, below the computer. :0)

Beau & Lenette said...

yeah!!! So happy for you guys!

Sharon said...

That is great news! what a relief

Andrea said...

Where did you move to? I'm in MD - Hagerstown right now. Email me sometime snookems25@gmail.com

Catherine said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your house sold! Your new place looks nice, we will definitely come visit... as soon as things are back to "normal" around here... who knows when that will be!