Sunday, May 3, 2009

last week

The blog has been in the back of my mind this past week, nagging me that I've been neglecting it. I'm just not that witty of a person, so I pretty much stick to my pictures. However my camera is upstairs. I'm downstairs. I don't really want to go up and get it, so you all will get a picture less entry, unless I end up getting the camera.

Last week we decided to go to Missouri. Adam wanted to get our vehicles licensed there and renew his driver's license as well as visit his family. We were going to drive. It's an 18 hour trip one way. I was not looking forward to that with Blake. He's at that stage where he wants to be down, crawling & pushing things around. So I decided to look at air fair online. We got a REALLY good deal for tickets and a rental car, so we decided to fly. Blake did really well.

In MO, we stayed with Adam's mom & dad. We hung out with his sister, Courtney and his brother Aaron. (I have to say that as soon as we hit Missouri sod, he started calling me Courtney. It's like he can't help it.) We went out to a chinese buffet with mom & Aaron. He had one piece of sushi and thought he had the swine flu. From all the Mexicans working at the chinese restaurant. Right. I laughed and told him it was allergies since he had a stuffy nose. The pollen was a flying!

Adam was able to register only 2 of our cars. He went back another day to renew his license. They wouldn't let him because he didn't have a passport or birth certificate with him. His military ID wasn't good enough. He was a little bit upset since he didn't have to show any ID to get the cars registered. So he is going to go back out to MO before July when his license expires. I told him that it wouldn't be a big deal since he's in the military. He looked at me and said: "I'm not going to be like you and have an expired license." It's not like I didn't get it renewed as soon as I went back to NY!

I have also started working at the local hospital here part time. I've only had 2 days on the floor. I just need to get proficient at using the computer system they have for documenting. And learn all the doctors and staff. It hasn't been too bad so far.

No comments: