Afternoon tea at Lady Mendl's was Lenette's idea and we all went along. None of us had been before and when we saw the entrance, I think we all got a little excited. Especially after standing in lines and walking around the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Debbie and Lenette enjoying their tea.
Laura and I
Getting a feel for the decor.
Debbie and Lenette enjoying their tea.
Laura and I
Lady Mendl's had about 8 different herbal teas. We each choose a different one and our cups made the circle around the table as we tasted each other's choices. I had the lemon verbena and I thought mine was the best. We also had 5 courses; 1) petite quiche 2) tea sandwiches 3) scones with cream and raspberry preserves 4) crepe and french vanilla layer cake 5) chocolate covered strawberries and cookies. We each drank about 2 pots of tea each.
After tea, we went back to our room, changed and headed out to see Lion King. The costumes were awesome and the actors were great, but the story and music were a little too familiar. After the long day we had, all of us ended up either nodding off or fighting sleep. I almost felt bad because I thought I was the only one, but not so.
4 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome time on your trip!! I am LOVING the little tea sandwiches!! I always want to make them, just never seem to really have an occasion... Glad your back though! =D
Oh that looks like so much fun.!!!!
That looks like it was a blast! Love ur friend's funny face! hahahaha
How FUN!!! You are so lucky to have a fun group of friends to take trips with! We miss you guys and want to come visit you soon!
Post a Comment