Saturday, November 6, 2010

around hawaii

This was my first time visiting Hawaii. To be honest before I went, I could have done without going. But once there, it really is beautiful. It wasn't as humid as I thought it would be. Adam went for business and I tagged along. We had to buy my plane ticket, but the hotel and rental car was paid for already. It was a short trip. Adam had the whole day on Monday off so we drove up the north-east side of the island from Kaneohe Bay to Laie to the North Shore and then to Wiamea.


We stopped at the Temple and learned that it had been closed for 2 years while it was being renovated. They were now having an open house, so Adam and I got to walk through. It was so beautiful. They are re-dedicating the Temple on November 22, I think.



The North Shore. This is one of my favorite pictures. The waves are awesome, but really strong!
They have these trees all over, they get HUGE and just fan out.
I don't know if you can tell, but there are plants growing on the tree.




I took these pictures while driving. The pictures don't really do justice.