Saturday, February 13, 2010

traveling to north carolina

We decided last month that we would go to North Carolina for president's day weekend and stay with our friends that live in Jacksonville. We were really looking forward to getting away from the snow. The forecast earlier this week was clear. When Adam said that they were going to get snow, I wasn't too worried. We lived there for 5 years and the most we got was a couple inches.

After I got home from working Friday, we packed up and headed out. Not kidding, we cross the border into North Carolina and we get snow. We keep driving, it keeps snowing. It was coming down pretty good. The roads were OK on 95, they got worse the farther we drove. North Carolina isn't equipped to handle snow.

Our friends were waiting up for us when we rolled in at 2 am. We put Blake to bed and passed out. I was up at 7:30 when Blake woke up. Now he's napping and I feel woozy from too little sleep.

Will post pictures later.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Glad you made it there safely. Enjoy your visit.