Wednesday, April 16, 2008

confessions

After I had failed my 2nd 1 hour glucola and was scheduled for my 2nd 3 hour glucola, I devised a plan... I really didn't want to fail this one. So I went for my appointment, drank the stuff and went back into the lobby to wait the hour until my next blood draw.
I originally was going to go for a walk outside, but I figured they see me walking through the windows and nixed that idea. As I was looking around the lobby, no one was there, it was still early, so I went into the bathroom, locked the door and started doing aerobics, you know where you take a step, kick the other leg back while pumping your arms? I stayed in there for 10 minutes, trying to be quiet and hoping that no one would have to use bathroom. I did just enough that I was starting to get warm and sweat. I didn't want to come out of the bathroom all sweaty and out of breath... I casually strolled back to my seat and started to read a magazine and wait for time to pass.
Anyone that has taken the 3 hour test knows that you start to feel icky after you drink that stuff and if you throw up, you have retake the test another day. Well, I did not feel icky afterwards, it was great! And my test came back okay.
Some may be wondering why I would do such a crazy thing. The answer is that exercise lowers glucose levels in your blood.

My Dr's appointment today went well. I will be going back in 2 weeks to have another sonogram to check the baby's weight and all that stuff.

3 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

You little cheater!! Hee Hee! That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! I'm glad everything is good!

Des said...

I guess all those nursing classes paid off. Must be nice to know the whole inside scoop on those kinds of things:) I am so sorry that you have gone through all those glocuse test. YUCK! One per pregnancy was plenty for me! With Kort I had a warm orange drink in a styrofoam cup. It was aweful and I about threw up several times during that hour. With the rest it was lemon lime COLD in a bottle. Went fine. You are so funny. I am visualizing you doing aerobics in the bathroom stall. Good news on the test. Take care of yourself!!
Love Des

Rebecca said...

I see it has already been said, but that was funny and I loved it! Good job! I never found the drink that bad, it was just all that sugar on an empty stomach! Of course, at Cherry Point they didn't make you fast first. Hooray.