So here is a little bit of enlightenment that I have gotten a while ago. When Adam and first got married, we, (or I should say mostly me) thought that we should have children right away. But it just never sat well with me and after much pondering, I talked it over with Adam and discovered that he was feeling the same way. So we concluded that it wasn't the right time and we both felt at peace with that. I knew it was going to be a while, I kinda thought 3 years was the magic number, but it didn't turn out to be so.
Everyone knows that when you first get married, everyone's favorite question is: "So, how do you like being married?", followed by: "So, when are you going to have children?". I have to admit that I never really understood how personal a question the latter is until I had to hear it all the time. It wasn't nessecarily that we couldn't get pregnant, rather that I knew it wasn't the right time, but still personal just the same. I honestly was getting frustrated waiting for it to be the "right" time and every time I was asked, it made me more frustrated, upset and a little angry. I didn't know when we were going to start, so how could I tell anyone else? When I tried to explain, no one really understood, how could they? It was my own little piece of revelation.
So you can imagine how excited I was to finally have the answer! When Adam and I decided and talked about it, I knew it was right. So I started doing what I could to get myself ready and that is a whole other story that I won't get into. I will say that I got pregnant a couple months later than planned and everything turned out okay.
So these are the things I learned:
1. Don't ask married couple when they are going to have a baby because you never know what they're situation is and you don't want to make a fool out of yourself. (Compare it to asking someone if they are pregnant when they aren't)
2. Heavenly Father works on his own timeline, you just have to be patient.
4 comments:
That is awesome that you have a close spirtual relationship. That must mean you are making the right choices. And doing the right things. A close relationship with Heavenly Father and The holy ghost will come in handy when you are trying to raise that little boy blake. I am thinking that he is going to have some pretty good genes. shouldn't be too much trouble. Well, I think you guys are awesome and everything is going in the direction is should be. You sound happy and content and at peace. So that is great! Hopefully our comments weren't to pushy or intruding. If so, I apologize. The curse of speaking before you think. I am just excited for you NOW! Doesn't matter how when or where.
Thank-you for sharing your personal thoughts. It is helpful to know so as not make others feel uncomfortable. Blake will be a much loved and much cared for little boy that's for sure!
I enjoyed reading your blog. I agree. We never know what is going on in someone's life and should keep the personal questions to ourselves. Is that a nice way of saying don't be nosy? I think so.=) I have realized though that we don't often realize how personal some questions are until we are on the other side of the question. Hope that makes sense. Take care.
~Cami
I agree with everything you said, Heather. You and Adam will be awesome parents because you will follow the Spirit. You will know Blake's needs and how Heavenly Father wants you to raise him. I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment