Saturday, July 19, 2008

confessions

I love to read. What I love even more are series. I find that once I get attached to characters I hate to see them go, so to speak. I can consume a book like Harry Potter in like 24 hours. I also have a soft spot for Vampires. I was at Walmart the other day and found a Stephanie Meyers book, Twilight. Adam had told me that he books were supposed to be good. So imagine my surprise when not only was the book about Vampires, but it was also the beginning of the series. Yeah!
I started the first one on Thursday and I finished the second one this afternoon. Adam left me alone this morning to take a nap, but I couldn't sleep, I finished the book instead and now I really want to go get the other book in the series.

On another note:
Blake is one month today. Time is flying by, which is good and bad. Mid-September is coming quickly when I have to return to work and yet my days go by in 3 hour increments.
I've also decided to stop breastfeeding. I'm pumping instead. I had a horrible day yesterday. Blake kept falling asleep while eating and he would be fussy after waking up. I fed him at 3, 4, & 5 yesterday with him fussy in between. After I fed him a bottle at 5, he slept until 8:40!

3 comments:

Carley said...

Twilight is awesome! I'm glad that you like them. THe 4th one comes out in a few weeks.

Sharon said...

Uh, oh you found out about twilight, I got so engrossed with that book I neglected everthing while reading, it's a lot of fun. You know I think you need a good book to read to help during the stress of motherhood, it takes you away from reality for a while. I love the pictures, Blake is adorable, and you know you are doing great. I loved your post about feeling alone than getting all the calls and email and stuff, and realizing you are always being watched.

Beau & Lenette said...

I think there is an obsession with that book series! A bunch of my friends from Utah are so into it they have countdowns on there blogs for when the next book comes out! very strange..is it really that good? It's like the Harry Potter obsession for grown women :)! I suppose one of these days, I'm gonna have to breakdown, push past my stubborness and just read it!